Skip to content
Our responsibility to clients
- Our advertising and publicity will not contain deliberate misstatements of competence, experience or professional capabilities.
- We will acquaint ourselves with our client’s business and design standards and will endeavour to act in our client’s best interests at all times within the limits of our professional responsibility.
- We will not work simultaneously on assignments that create a conflict of interest without agreement of all clients concerned.
- We will not knowingly make use of goods or services offered by manufacturers, suppliers or contractors that are accompanied by an obligation that is substantively detrimental to the best interests of our clients.
- We will treat all knowledge of a client’s intentions, production methods and business organisation as confidential and shall not divulge such information in any manner whatsoever without the consent of the client.
- We do not have a financial interest in any supplier or consultant who may benefit from a recommendation made by us. However, should such a situation occur, we will inform clients of this fact in advance of the recommendation.
- We may levy a reasonable handling and administration charge as a percentage of all reimbursable items, billable to a client, that pass through the our account. Such charges, when they are levied. will indicated within any quotation or invoice.
- If we receive instructions from a client that involves a violation of the our ethical standards, we will endeavour to reach a mutually acceptable agreement. Failing this, we reserve the right to withdraw or refuse the assignment.
- Black Widow Web Design Ltd. is a Full Member of the Association of Independent Computer Specialists and agrees to abide by the Association’s published Code of Practice.
Our responsibility to other designers
- We support fair and open competition.
- We will not knowingly accept any professional assignment on which another designer is actively working without the knowledge and agreement of the other designer. All materials relevant to the continuation of the project must be the clear property of the client.
- We will not attempt, directly or indirectly, to supplant or compete with another designer by means of unethical inducements.
- We will be objective and balanced in criticising another designer’s work.
Our responsibility to the public
- We will endeavour to take a responsible role in the positive portrayal of all people irrespective of their differences.
- We will avoid all projects that depict or stereotype people or groups of people, in a negative or dehumanising way.
- We refuse to engage in, or countenance, discrimination on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
- We will not knowingly accept instructions from a client that involves infringement of another person’s, or group’s, rights without permission of such other person. or group.
- We will not knowingly contribute to anything that, in our opinion, constitutes a deliberate or reckless disregard for the health, safety or privacy of others.
- We will endeavour to communicate the truth in all situations and at all times; our work will not make false claims nor knowingly misinform. We will always endeavour to represent messages in a clear manner and avoid false, misleading and deceptive promotion.
- We will strive to understand and support the principles of free speech and access to an open marketplace of ideas and will act accordingly.